Smaller bits from the host of Dcommunications.net

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Very exciting potential project

The nature of the consulting business is the same as with any job - performance speaks volumes. Regardless of the amounts of carefully constructed networking schemes one can concoct work shines brighter than anything. Sure, one method may get you in the door. The other, however, will get you a chair, blanket and access to inside family conversation.

I am thrilled about an upcoming speech next week in Philadelphia, PA. It is a presentation, in tandem with two other dynamic speakers, to the American Society on Aging. The scope of the presentation is Communication 2.0 - social media and it's impact on an aging population. Today, I received a phone call stating that another project, unbelievably immense, could be in the works...we'll see.

One thing that I have always loved is public speaking. It's true that regardless of all the other careers one can imagine for oneself (in my case physician, physical therapist, marketer and etc) those organic traits will always kick in. If it's something that you love doing (which is very true about myself and anything communications related) the projects really aren't strenuous. Yes, it still takes an effort but the entirety of my professional life is that much more enjoyable.

Moreover, the products of my labor will be richer, deeper and much more meaningful for my clients.