Smaller bits from the host of Dcommunications.net

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Intent of email subject lines. (I wish I could recall it).

Ok, so here's a quick bite of a lesson. Just in communication with a friend whom I haven't spoken to in a good while. She is going through some very difficult times with serious emergencies happening in 2008 and currently.

In order to reach out and extend that warm olive branch what do I send? With all the finesse of my social skills the email subject line, which I just reread is this:

Same schedule as you, let's keep in regular contact
[bold is for the emphasis of where my intent seriously delivered poorly]

I have the same schedule as you even though all is great on my end. Why can't you return the favor? Why are you a bad friend?

OMG (feel free to share and add your own virtual emotions)